||Service Tech (Midstream)
||USA Compression Partners, LP, provides gas compression services. We are one of the largest independent providers of compression services in the United States. We owe our success to the quality of our employees, our strong commitment to safety, and superior
service to our customers.
Key Business Objectives:
A Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for maintenance and service of USA Compression equipment reporting to the Area Service Manager (ASM). With minimal supervision and significant autonomy, the typical areas of responsibility include safely performing
scheduled maintenance, maintaining and building customer relationships, and providing first line support for equipment troubleshooting. USA Compression employees are proudly responsible for maintaining a safe and professional work environment and positive
workplace aligned with our Pillars culture.
||Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure routine maintenance plan in place and minimize down time on all assigned equipment.
• Understand and follow company handbook, and all company or customer safety and environmental policies.
• Maintain run time of natural gas compression units per contractual agreements.
• Accurately gather and prepare data for reports critical to unit operations on regular due dates.
• Respond quickly to ASM or customer inquiries.
• Oversee and/or participate in the installation of compression units and customer with installations.
• Work closely with the Lead Service Tech and ASM on major repairs; escalate when necessary based on protocol.
• Maintain and operate company vehicle according to company guidelines.
• Work with sales team to identify new sales or equipment opportunities.
• Maintain and/or partner with a parts department to ensure sufficient parts inventory for each unit.
• Keep each assigned unit clean following good housekeeping rules and maintain safe working conditions.
• Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Skills/Capabilities and Education:
• Solid professional communication/interface skills with customer field personnel, onsite vendors, and other employees. This role is often the USAC position with the most customer interaction. Excellent customer service and positive communication skills are
critical to the success in the FST role.
• Technical or trade school certification or additional work experience in related field.
• Prefer at least 3-5 years of experience in gas compression with preference to CAT, Ariel and/or Cummins certifications and experience. Depending on the equipment assigned, this role may maintain large or small horsepower units, gas lift or traditional compression
units along with other related equipment associated with our business.
• Ability to be self-managed and work independently with little or no supervision.
• High degree of mechanical ability.
• Experience reading and understanding technical manuals.
• Capable of safely driving commercial size truck
• Valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record history acceptable to USA Compression.
• Experience in configuring natural gas compression equipment.
• Ability and flexibility to work extended hours including periodic on-call weekends.
• Full time hourly (non-exempt) level position.
• Travel is required up to 90% of the time worked.
• Periodic lifting requirements in excess of 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand and walk on uneven and varied terrain, climb ladders and stairs; and stoop, squat, kneel, crouch and crawl depending on the task requirements.
• Exposure to extremes in temperature and weather conditions depending upon assigned location.
• Some exposure to high noise levels in excess of 85dBA that require ear protection, as well as exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and materials.
• Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
• There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery.
||Send This Job to a Friend