||Service Tech (Gas Lift)
||USA Compression Partners, LP, provides gas compression services. We are one of the largest independent providers of compression services in the United States. We owe our success to the quality of our employees, our strong commitment to safety, and superior
service to our customers.
Key Business Objectives:
Responsible for maintenance and service of USA Compression equipment reporting to an Operations Manager (OM). Typical area of responsibility will average 2,500 hp (or 20+/- units). With minimal supervision, maintains customer relationships, performs scheduled
maintenance and is first line support for troubleshooting. All USA Compression employees are responsible for maintaining a safe and professional work environment.
||Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure routine maintenance plan in place and minimize down time.
• Understand and follow all safety and environmental policies.
• Maintain run time of gas compression units per contractual agreements.
• Accurately gather and prepare data for reports critical to unit operations on regular due dates.
• Respond quickly to OM or customer inquiries.
• Oversee installation of new compression units and assist customer with installations.
• Advise Lead Service Tech and OM of major repairs, escalates when necessary based on protocol.
• Maintain company vehicle according to company guidelines.
• Work with sales team to identify new opportunities.
• Maintain parts inventory for each unit.
• Keep each assigned unit clean and maintain safe working conditions.
• Any and all other job duties as assigned.
Skills/Capabilities and Education:
• Good communication/interface skills with customer field personnel, onsite vendors, and other tech teams.
• Technical or trade school certification or additional work experience in related field.
• Preferred at least 2 years of experience in gas compression.
• Ability to operate independently with little or no supervision.
• High degree of mechanical ability.
• Experience reading and understanding technical manuals.
• Capable of driving commercial size truck
• Valid driver’s license with a Motor Vehicle Record history acceptable to USA Compression.
• Experience in configuring natural gas compression equipment.
• Ability to work extended hours.
• Full time Non-exempt level position
• Travel is required.
• Periodic lifting requirements in excess of 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand and walk on uneven and varied terrain, climb ladders and stairs; and stoop, squat, kneel, crouch and crawl depending on the task requirements.
• Exposure to extremes in temperature and weather conditions depending upon assigned location.
• Some exposure to high noise levels in excess of 85dBA that require ear protection, as well as exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals and materials.
• Working conditions in natural gas compression vary from one job site to another. Some job sites are indoors in compressor stations while other sites are outside, exposed to a variety of weather conditions.
• There is a strong emphasis on safety while working with heavy equipment and machinery.
||Send This Job to a Friend