Responsible for the leadership, integrative management and direction for company shared information systems to include (but not limited to) support corporate-wide strategic planning, budgeting for information technologies and coordination and integration
of all company Information Technology (IT) matters. Recommend, execute and enforce IT policies and procedures throughout the Company. Manage the IT department to successfully deliver on the developed vision and strategy.
1. Strategy: Provide guidance and counsel to EVP and CFO, and other leaders as required, in the examination and definition of objectives for existing and/or proposed information systems and the design of improved systems. Translate current
and future business needs into an overall integrated IT strategic plan, with supporting technology objectives, goals and action plans.
2. Building Internal Relationships & Alignment: Oversee the process of determining the priorities, projects and future direction of IT functions, by partnering with Company leadership and IT staff to define and execute IT strategies and
tactics that enable accomplishment of business objectives. Coordinate required IT initiatives among the company’s various operating components. Facilitate organizational change for the company. Act as a change advocate who encourages support for new ideas
and seeks new solutions.
3. Implementation: Integrate and coordinate the development of and implementation of IT programs across the company to achieve maximum efficiencies and synergies. Provide direction and leadership in the review of present IT systems and methods
and in the implementation of new and revised systems. Lead and guide the budgeting process for IT costs and provides oversight in cost and productivity analysis.
4. Staff Development/Management: Responsible for the leadership in the management, development and operation of the IT function for the organization. Continually evaluate the IT organizational roles and structure to ensure the team is staffed
and positioned to accomplish company goals and objectives as they continue to evolve. Ensure appropriate technical capabilities exist within the IT team to support the requirements of the IT function. Responsible for staff management including recruiting/hiring,
supervision, employee development, recognition, salary administration and staff evaluations. Develop team members to ensure high skill levels and technical competence. Partner with Human Resources on employee development and planning initiatives.
5. Stay Current and Connected: Maintain knowledge and understanding of current and developing information systems technology, equipment and applications. Responsible for the evaluation of new technologies. Maintain professional contacts
with other companies, external research entities, equipment manufacturers and professional organizations concerning existing and developing information technologies.
- Participate in company initiatives supporting company strategy and direction.
- Participate in professional organizations and user groups.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
- Further Training Specialized knowledge/training in the development of ERP systems preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT leadership experience with at least 5 years in a senior management role in a public company.
- Computer Skills PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc), Microsoft Project.
- Mobility Occasional travel to visit company locations, industry association and user group meetings, etc.
- Advanced understanding of the information technology environment of a public corporation.
- Ability to provide strategic guidance and counsel to clientele in the assessment and development of existing and/or proposed systems.
- Knowledge of financial and business analysis techniques.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated ability to think and lead strategically.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment and direct multi-department technical and administrative staff.
- Ability to frame problems and solutions quickly and concisely.
- Effective at building relationships with internal/external business leaders, colleagues and employees.
- Ability to accomplish objectives through influence and persuasion.
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Possess judgment and executive maturity to balance interests with the overall goals and values of the company.
- Real estate industry experience preferred.