Responsible for building maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting and life safety systems. Maintain positive communications and exceptional follow-up with building tenants.
1. Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshoot and repair building systems including plumbing, mechanical, HVAC and electrical systems. 60%
2. Operate HVAC systems and make adjustments to building automation systems (BAS or EMS or ATC). 20%
3. Report and recommend modifications and repairs to Chief Building Technician on all building systems related issues. 10%
4. Monitor agreed upon responsibilities of subcontractors performing maintenance or repairs. 10% SECONDARY
• Perform the duties of a Building Technician II as required.
• Assist with set-up and take down of special events.
• Maintain all tools, parts and supplies in an organized manner. Inform the Chief Engineer of any needs for replacement, restocking or repair of items.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education High school diploma or equivalent. Additional vocational coursework in HVAC, electricity, plumbing or other relevant areas preferred.
• Universal CFC certified.
• State Certified Journeyman’s license or equivalent. Professional Experience Minimum of five years relevant work experience working as a technician in one or more of the following areas: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, plumbing or mechanical. Computer Skills
• Basic PC skills and ability to learn company specific software.
• Ability to adapt to new or changing software programs.
• Proficiency in automated work order systems preferred. Mobility N/A Other Requirements
• Ability to routinely perform on call and off hour duty including evenings, weekends and holidays and to be available and respond accordingly during these periods when so assigned.
• Proficient knowledge and troubleshooting capability of all types of commercial building systems.
• Must be able to read trade related electrical, mechanical and plumbing drawings and internal wiring schematics.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with tenants, suppliers and other technicians.
• Knowledge of energy management systems and building VAV systems.
• Will be placed through the process to carry and maintain appropriate government credentials.