||Field Service Engineer
Implement and manage technology and security standards across the company’s building automation system (BAS) portfolio and tenant facing technologies in partnership with the Property Operations and Information Technology staff. Document and maintain Property
Management auxiliary systems such as security systems, garage systems, and kiosk machines as well as other tenant facing technologies such as wireless and room scheduling equipment. Provide Tier II/III networking, desktop, and application support to company
cornerstone offices and property sites. Identify the need for and contribute to the creation of knowledge base articles for internal and customer reference. Participate in all phases of the client/customer support development lifecycle.
1. Manage and provide hands-on expertise for the modernization and securitization of all company computers. On-going support will include machine patching, hardware maintenance and upgrades, and coordination with the building automation system vendors in partnership
with the BAS Engineer and network operations.
2. In partnership with COPT Property Operations, perform software and hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and upgrades of installed controls systems and networks. Research of new products and technology as related to BAS systems. Develop
and maintain an inventory of all property management auxiliary systems and tenant facing technology.
3. Serve as the IT department leader on all physical cornerstone moves, telecommunications installs/deactiviations, and the deployment of new offices and building system technology.
4. Create, update and solicit documentation from team members to ensure appropriate knowledge of systems and applications is available. As a knowledge center contributor, introduce efficiencies to support processes and provide customers with self-help resources,
• Serve as a liaison with Property Operations leadership and team members
• Collaborate with staff in all areas of IT
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
A+ and Network+ certifications, experience with Building Automation Systems
• Five years of related work experience providing Tier I and Tier II desktop application, operating system support and customer service.
• Five years of experience in a Citrix, Active Directory and Microsoft Server environment preferred.
• Experience with Tridium Niagara / Distech and other building management/automation systems preferred.
• Network and desktop knowledge and experience including experience with any of the following:
o Client Server: Windows 2008/12
o Desktop: Windows XP/7/8, Outlook, Visio, Project, MS Office
o Client Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Apple iOS Devices
o Network: Strong TCP/IP knowledge, including experience with firewall configuration, Citrix
This position requires up to 80% travel to locations throughout the Baltimore-Washington region. Reliable transportation is required.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve.
• Strong time management and sense of urgency.
• Troubleshooting skills to resolve issues.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend