||Export Control Analyst
The purpose of this position will be to organize, prioritize, and manage export control case files and work flow. The position will also examine, evaluate, and analyze University activities for conformity with laws and regulations governing export control compliance
and perform various support functions for the Export Control Office.
Provides program, as well as direct internal and external client support services. Responds to inquiries and independently resolves matters of low to moderate complexity. Responsibilities require judgment, resourcefulness, and originality, but diverse guides
and precedents are usually available to apply or adapt to the circumstances. Work effort has considerable impact on client services, program and project image, with potential legal liabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities are functional in nature, and performed under general supervision. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
1) Support the activities of the Export Control Officer, Associate Export Control Officer, and the Export Control Technical Specialist.
2) Serve as point of contact for the Export Control Office and work to develop positive business relationships with all parties interfacing with the Office.
3) Respond to inquiries made to the Export Control Office, in a timely manner.
4) Examine documentation submitted to the Export Control Office for accuracy and completeness and correspond with submitting party(s) to rectify errors or omissions.
5) Organize and compile documentation submitted to the Export Control Office into a case file for review. Tasks may involve electronic scanning and document manipulation.
6) Establish and maintain a database for export control case files.
7) Prepare, organize, and maintain electronic and hard copy records as needed.
8) Prepare and review data and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
9) Establish task priorities, escalate matters as required, and schedule and track work assignments.
10) Become familiar with and use computerized search tools for export control screenings.
11) Organize and compile documentation submitted to the Export Control Office into a case file for review. Tasks may involve electronic scanning and document manipulation.
12) Establish and maintain a database for export control case files.
13) Prepare, organize, and maintain electronic and hard copy records as needed.
14) Prepare and review data and reports to ensure accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
15) Establish task priorities, escalate matters as required, and schedule and track work assignments.
16) Become familiar with and use computerized search tools for export control screenings.
This position reports to the Export Control Officer. Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Supervision of others is not required; however, sharing of knowledge with others and team participation is
expected in the role. Program, project or activity lead responsibilities will occur or be assigned in this position.
Activities are predominantly non-manual though some manual work not directly involved with altering or transporting of products may be included.
Works in standard office atmosphere with shared space and equipment. Must know and comply with all safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience
1) Bachelors’ degree in business, science, or related fields,
2) 2 - 4 years of compliance related experience
3) Equivalent combination of education and experience
Employment Eligibility Requisite
1) Must be a US citizen or US permanent resident
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
1) Ability to effectively coordinate and assess the work of self and others, involving multiple projects, and addressed within deadlines.
2) Ability to read and interpret complex documents such as compliance regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3) Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
4) Ability to learn and use software based search engines with complex input data.
5) Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
6) Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
7) Ability to solve complex problems involving several variables.
8) Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment.
9) Ability to focus for extended periods with great attention to detail.
10) Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and handle ambiguity and complexity.
1) Technical skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; pursues training and development opportunities; assess strengths, weaknesses, and shares expertise with others.
2) Problem solving – Gathers and analyzes information, identifies problems, develops alternatives, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics and works well in groups and resolves matters timely.
3) Internal & External Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional matters with objectivity and openness; responds promptly to needs and requests for service and assistance; meets commitments and dates, notifies others if change occurs; provides, solicits
and applies feedback; and builds goodwill through balanced contributions, positive approach, respect and support of others.
4) Communications – Demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings, listens and gets clarification, is responsive and speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Writes and edits clearly and informatively, varies style
to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read an interpret written information.
5) Organization Support – Aligns work and develops strategies to meet organizational goals; seeks to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and upholds organizational expectations and values.
6) Self- Management – Responds to management direction; resourcefully adapts to changes in work environment and circumstances; responds well under pressure and manages competing demands; takes calculated risks, asks for and offers help when needed; exercise
discretion and sound judgment; is tactful and responsible for own actions. Adheres to work schedule and complies with leave management responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications & Credentials
Education and/or Experience
1) Knowledge of US export control and trade compliance regulations (EAR, ITAR, OFAC).
2) A technical (STEM) background is preferred.
- AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/E-Verify Compliant Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend