This position will provide support directly to the principal investigator for a grant award with a
focus on inter-professional collaboration for hospitalized patients. The Interprofessional Collaboration for Vulnerable Acute Care Patients project is a Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) funded demonstration project dedicated to improving the
health outcomes of vulnerable acute care patients with a focus on cardiovascular surgical and older adult medical patients.
This position provides program, as well as direct internal and external client support services. Responds to inquiries and independently resolves matters of low to moderate complexity. Responsibilities require some judgment, resourcefulness, and originality,
but diverse guides and precedents are usually available to apply or adapt to the circumstances. Work effort has considerable impact on client services, program and project image, with potential legal liabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities are functional in nature, and performed under general supervision of the project manager and principal investigator. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
1) Assist the principal investigator in reviewing course material focused on fostering patient centered collaboration and reviewing other IPCP materials
2) Reviewing and editing potential manuscript submissions
3) Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting data to prepare source data for computer entry
4) Inputting data into appropriate databases and resolving processing problems
5) Updating grant documents in electronic files
6) Using computers and the Microsoft Office suite to develop communications, presentations, and other documents
7) Preparing reports and correspondence
8) Coordinating tasks and elements for multiple projects within the grant
Position reports to the Principal Investigator. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, and general instructions on new assignments. Typically determines methods and procedures on new assignments. General sharing of knowledge and team participation
is expected in the role. Program, project, or activity lead and work coordination responsibilities may occur or be assigned in this position. Guidance or supervision of others may be required.
Activities are predominantly non-manual though some responsibilities require the occasional lifting of 25lbs. The incumbent must be able to effectively hear and communicate with others. Visual acuity is important for computer work, especially entering patient
data. Good hand coordination for typing and sorting and preparing materials for mailing. Ability to climb stairs and possibly stand for long periods of time copying patient and resource materials.
Works in standard office atmosphere with shared space and equipment. Moderate noise levels are experienced. Responsible to know and comply with all safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience
1) Associate’s degree;
2) 3 - 5 years of experience in social service or human service-related work, work with patients in a medical or healthcare related setting, or performing administrative support
3) Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
1) Knowledge of medical terminology.
2) Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and Outlook.
3) Knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
4) Knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices, and protocols.
5) Good attention to detail.
6) Good verbal/written communication skills.
7) Ability to type with speed and accuracy.
8) Ability to operate standard office equipment such as copiers and FAX machines and ability to use dictation equipment. .
9) Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
10) Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
11) Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
12) Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
1) Technical skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; pursues training and development opportunities; assess strengths, weaknesses, and shares expertise with others.
2) Problem solving – Gathers and analyzes information, identifies problems, develops alternatives, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics and works well in groups and resolves matters timely.
3) Internal & External Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional matters with objectivity and openness; responds promptly to needs and requests for service and assistance; meets commitments and dates, notifies others if change occurs; provides, solicits
and applies feedback; and builds goodwill through balanced contributions, positive approach, respect and support of others.
4) Communications – Demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings, listens and gets clarification, is responsive and speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations. Writes and edits clearly and informatively, varies style
to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information.
5) Organizational Support – Aligns work and develops strategies to meet organizational goals; seeks to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; and upholds organizational expectations and values.
6) Self-Management – Responds to management direction; resourcefully adapts to changes in work environment and circumstances; responds well under pressure and manages competing demands; takes calculated risks, asks for and offers help when needed; exercise
discretion and sound judgment; is tactful and responsible for own actions. Adheres to work schedule and complies with leave management responsibilities.
Preferred Qualifications & Credentials
Education and/or Experience
1) A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- AA/EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/E-Verify Compliant Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend