||2017 SUMMER SEASON Gondola Operator/ Driver-Seasonal
Job Title: Gondola Operator/ Transit Operator Seasonal
Effective Date: January 2017
NATURE OF WORK:
Operates the Gondola and Municipal Bus Service for the Town of Mountain Village, and provides safe, secure, and courteous transportation services to passengers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates Gondola and monitors operations in accordance with specific instructions, department policies and procedures and safety and service standards; provides safe, secure, comfortable services to users of the Gondola system; assists guests with cabin
access, baggage, equipment and local information; maintaining orderly passenger traffic conditions in and around terminals.
- Performs daily inspection of equipment, reports any operational problems to the supervisor in a timely manner, and completes daily reports as required; assures that Gondola vehicles are operated in accordance with established protocols and schedules; assists
with other transit operations as directed.
- Continuously inspects, cleans and maintains Gondola cabins, stations, and facilities; assists maintenance staff as needed; loads and unloads skis, snowboards, bicycles, and child-carriers as necessary.
- Recognizes, practices, and enforces safety rules and procedures; recognizes, avoids, and reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries to supervisor immediately; completes required accident reports and First Report of Injury form as applicable
- Removes trash, personal items, and blankets from cabins, buses, bus stops, parking areas et cetera while utilizing the proper personal protective equipment and following appropriate Transit procedures.
- Operates a rubber-tired 14 passenger or smaller transport shuttle vehicle transporting the public and/or employees; drives transport shuttle routes as needed; transports public and/or employees in inclement weather; performs daily vehicle checks; reports
any unsafe conditions with vehicle; wears seat belts when operating any town vehicle
- Reinforces the Town’s commitment to the environment by responsible use of electricity, natural gas, fuel, paper, water, and chemicals.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must be 18 years old or older Applicants will be required to undergo drug testing prior to employment and will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Licenses/Certification(s): Possession of a valid driver’s License is required; commercial driver’s license is preferred. A driving records search will be conducted on all applicants prior to employment and the applicant’s driving record
will be subject to observation throughout their employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Knowledge of: Gondola operations, regulations and safety procedures; Gondola operation standards and rules; Federal, state and regional public transit regulations and safety standards; radio and telephone communications protocols; Town policies
and procedures; safe operation of shuttle vehicles.
Skill in: Operating the Gondola and Bus in a safe manner, in compliance with all policies and procedures, and state and local regulations; react quickly to situations that could create safety and customer security problems; using courtesy
and respect in providing excellent customer service to guests; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees and the general public.
Environmental Factors: Work is performed outdoors in variable weather conditions. Operators come into contact with highly used public cabins, public spaces, and multiple use blankets on a regular basis.
Physical Factors: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to continuously stand and walk while on duty; may lift/move up to 40 lbs. Employees operate/drive Transit vehicles.
||Send This Job to a Friend