Thresholds, a national leader in mental health services, is a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top 100 Workplaces" for four consecutive years and a ten-time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work
For". Through our more than 100 Chicagoland locations and 30 innovative programs, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing and hope for over 15,000 adults and youth.
The Housing Locator is responsible for the development of affordable housing opportunities for Thresholds members by building relationships with landlords and identifying suitable rental apartment units for members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies available rental apartments in the Chicago Metro Area on a continual basis, and provide suitable referrals to Thresholds clinical teams to assist in housing members.
- Familiar with and understand provider and member specific requirements for housing subsidies including DMH Bridge, CHA Section 8, and other local subsidy resources. Understand and follow subsidy‐provider and Thresholds procedures for housing members.
- Maintains ongoing communication with clinical teams on apartment referrals. Assist teams as necessary with specific landlord and leasing issues.
- Maintains, strengthens and builds new working relationships with area housing providers. Advocates for members by furnishing information to housing providers regarding Thresholds programs, experience, and the benefits of renting to members.
- Manages housing resource data including landlord and housing resources, and disseminate to agency program staff to utilize as contacts for housing opportunities.
- Manages apartment referrals to teams by tracking progress and outcomes.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to work flexible schedules, being available to work on weekends or evenings as required.