Thresholds, a national leader in mental health services, is a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top Workplaces" for four consecutive years and a 10 time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". Through our more than 100 Chicagoland
locations and 30 innovative programs, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing and hope for over 15,000 adults and youth.
Desk Clerk, Part-Time and Substitute
Provide front desk coverage, staff support and help to ensure the safety and integrity of operations within the assigned building for Thresholds residential (group home) and administrative sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that the property is safe and secure by monitoring all visitors.
- Remain alert and awake at all times during work shift.
- Log all events and in/out activities that occur during work shift. Complete and turn in incident reports. Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Assist with Wellness checks or member logs tracking interactions or location of members in the building.
- Assist Program Director, Department Head or assigned supervisor with day to day administrative operations.
- Provide clerical support to staff members when directed.
- Assist with all fundraising and development activities as assigned.
- Accept and record any rental payments received from residents.
- Remain at assigned post until replacement clerk arrives.
- Maintain a professional demeanor when engaging co‐workers, visitors and residents.
- Attend all required meetings and training sessions.
- Contact supervisor or on‐call manager immediately when there will be a lapse in shift coverage or when other problems arise.
- Complete all assigned maintenance tasks before the end of work shift.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to sort mail, take out the trash, and practice building fire drills or call police when needed for assistance.
- May be required to provide members with medication.