||Community Support Specialist Masters
Thresholds Justice Program has been providing targeted services to persons with serious mental illness (SMI) involved in the justice system since 1997. Our Community Support Specialists engage individuals recently discharged from Cook County Jail and provide
support through the process of community reintegration.
Thresholds discharge linkage team is seeking a Community Support Specialist (Master’s level preferred). The Community Support Specialist will provide the following services:
- Intake/ Mental Health Assessments
- Discharge planning
- Provide linkage to ongoing mental health, psychiatry, medication management, substance abuse, vocational, educational, public benefits, and housing services
- Provide intensive community supports, which includes outreach, home visiting and case management
- Collaborate with mental health probation and the office of the public defender in order to support members in their legal obligations
Thresholds offers comprehensive compensation and benefits package; ongoing training and continuing education; opportunities for internal promotion; and clinical supervision for individuals working towards LCSW/LCPC licensure. We are proudly a recipient
of the Chicago Tribune “Top 100 Workplaces" for four consecutive years and a 10 time winner of
Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" as well as the Most Meaningful place to work in 2016.
Interested candidates should minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field; a Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Rehabilitation Services is preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team players.
- Ability to document services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required. Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injury and liability insurance. Subject to validation every six months.
- Ability to travel to many locations throughout Chicagoland during the workday.
- May be required to provide transportation for members of the program using a Thresholds provided vehicle or personal vehicle. Must be 23 years of age and must meet all insurance carrier’s requirements. Subject to annual Department of Motor Vehicles license
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch and climb stairs. Ability to lift or move up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, grasping and lifting may all be required in this position.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, make fine discriminations in sound.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend