||Community Support Specialist Masters
Thresholds Community Support Specialist (CSS) - Masters
Counselor/Case Manager/ Advocate
Do you desire to inspire people with mental illness to reclaim their lives? For over 50 years, Thresholds has provided progressive community mental health treatment aimed at helping individuals define their personal recovery paths and live independent and
fulfilling lives. Thresholds is seeking social-justice minded individuals with exceptional interpersonal skills to:
- Provide direct service to clients through individual and group counseling/therapy, vocational support, crisis intervention, and psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Teach independent and community living skills.
- Coach around the development of a functional, interpersonal support system.
- Promote the development of problem solving and coping skills.
- Advocate with personal and administrative collaterals including family and significant others, medical care providers, and other agencies such as the SSA, DHS, and CHA.
- Facilitate access to quality and stable housing.
Thresholds offers comprehensive compensation and benefits package; ongoing training and continuing education; opportunities for internal promotion; and clinical supervision for individuals working towards LCSW/LCPC licensure. We
are proudly a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top 100 Workplaces" for four consecutive years and a 10 time winner of
Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" as well as the Most Meaningful place to work in 2016. Consider being part of an organization that fosters collaboration between its staff and those we serve, our members, and where employees
are recognized as invaluable assets who truly make a difference. Thresholds encourages individuals who have experienced mental health recovery to apply.
Interested candidates should minimally possess a Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or a related field; a Master’s in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Rehabilitation Services is preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team players.
- Ability to document services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required. Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injury and liability insurance. Subject to validation every six months.
- May be required to provide transportation for members of the program using a Thresholds provided vehicle or personal vehicle.
- Must be 23 years of age and must meet all insurance carrier’s requirements. Subject to annual Department of Motor Vehicles license verification.
- Clean and valid driver’s license
“Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran”
See more of why Thresholds is a top work place: www.youtube.com/watch?v=etI2l6xpplo
All Employment is Contingent Upon Successful Completion of a Background Check.
For a List of Disqualifying Offenses Please Follow the Link Below: Illinois Department of Public Health - Disqualifying Offenses