Thresholds, a national leader in mental health services, is a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top Workplaces" for four consecutive years and a 10 time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". Through our more than 100 Chicagoland
locations and 30 innovative programs, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing and hope for over 15,000 adults and youth.
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical and/or administrative support to the Program Director as assigned. This may include filing, typing, making meeting arrangements, taking minutes, and overseeing petty cash accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Program Director, Team Leaders, Office Manager and/or designated supervisor with the daytoday administrative operations of the program, including but not limited to typing, filing, answering telephones and ordering office supplies.
- Ability to meet deadlines, stay focused as well as detail oriented. Attend meetings as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides clerical support to the program staff as directed.
- Independently provides accurate and timely information to your supervisors on all topics and issues related to the operation of the program and/ or department. This includes but is not limited to correcting errors specific to your area of responsibility
as they are identified
- As with all staff members, paperwork is an important part of your job and you are responsible for finishing all assigned paperwork completely and on time. This paperwork may include but is not limited to reporting data to DMD or Research, and other internal
and external departments as required by your supervisor. The evaluation of your job performance includes the quality and timeliness of your written work.
- Enters and maintains member custodial account records in the agency's accounting program.
- Inputs data entry as a part of the PSR reporting program.
- Maintaining and reconciling petty cash for Demonstration Projects.
- Collects, codes, reports, and maintains data on Members.
- Maintains a reliable and operable automobile in order to commute between the programs.
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be required to be responsible for maintaining confidential files including electronic records according to agency policy. All Thresholds records are to be maintained in such a fashion as to prevent unauthorized access as well as to reasonably protect
them from fire, water damage or other hazards. Electronic records will be backed‐up in accord with agency guidelines.
- May be required to organize records and projects in a systematic fashion.
- May be required to coordinate and negotiate inter‐departmental activities or requests such as grant proposal preparation, internal and external audits, conference room scheduling, etc.
- May be required to complete routine clerical tasks such as filing, copying, answering phones, and providing back up to the receptionist.
- May be required to sort, coordinate and distribute in‐coming inter‐departmental mail, faxes, and external mail (e.g., FedEx, US mail, UPS, etc.), prepare check requests, and place departmental orders for the Department.
- May be required to travel to other Thresholds locations as needed.
- Associates Degree desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience and/ or training specific to performing the duties assigned may be substituted for educational requirements at supervisors’ discretion.
- Strong computer skills. Must have comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- May be required to have knowledge or learn other pertinent software products.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading, etc
- Fingering; Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office work).
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend