||Monday - Friday 8:00-5:00
||Founded in 1904 in Louisville, Kentucky, Stock Yards Bank has become one of the region's premier community banks - renowned for the close, personal attention that distinguished us from other financial institutions in our market. We are wholly owned by S.Y.Bancorp, Inc., a publicly traded bank holding company traded on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol SYBT. We actively seek the best and brightest individuals to help us further our success and are pleased to announce there is an exciting opportunity for growth within our organization.
As a Mortgage Specialist in Sales, your day will be filled with opportunities to generate loan volume through sales efforts with builders, realtors, and other contacts. Experience in FHA, VA, and conventional lending is essential to function successfully in this position while knowledge of basic underwriting guidelines is preferred. Good communication skills are important to better serve our customers as you work closely with all parties involved to maximize loan sales.
There are many exciting opportunities to grow professionally within our company. Our past accomplishments and continued future successes are directly attributed to the individual success of our employees. Stock Yards Bank will provide a professional environment to continually improve the candidate’s skills and to further his/her career goals for advancement within the banking profession. Stock Yards Bank is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Take loan applications
• Pre-qualify loan applicants
• Answer rate and information calls
• Work closely with the bank’s officers and their customers
• Pre-approve conventional loans through automated underwriting systems
• Work closely with processor to ensure loans are closed timely
• Make sales calls to real estate agents to generate business
• Give presentations to groups (agents, employees, etc.)
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of FHA, VA, and conventional loan rules, regulations and guidelines through a combination of educational classes, correspondence courses, on the job training and investor websites
• Analyze information for completeness, accuracy and acceptability for investor’s loan program
||The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• College degree preferred
• Experience with FHA, VA, and conventional lending
• Knowledge of basic underwriting guidelines preferred
• Excellent communication skills, negotiating skills and assertiveness
• Ability to perform in high pressure situations
• Computer Proficient
• Typing speed of 35 WPM
• Professional appearance and demeanor
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
||Send This Job to a Friend