The Dental Clinic Supervisor ensures that all clinical aspects of the dental office are functioning in an orderly and efficient manner so that patients receive treatment in accordance with quality assurance standards. Supervises the RDA Lead, RDA’s, DA’s, Patient Access, and the Patient Access Lead. Co-coordinates with the Patient Access Lead, RDA Lead, and oversees sterilization procedures. Participates in community outreach, promotes a positive office image and maintains positive patient relations.
1. Prepares work schedules for DA’s and RDA’s, assigns personnel and provides appropriate training. Evaluates work performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
2. Functions as OSHA Coordinator/Safety Officer for the department. Updates and implements OSHA policies, keeps department informed of latest regulations and ensures that all areas of department are in compliance with OSHA regulations.
3. Monitors weekly, monthly and quarterly logs of sterilization, X-rays, operatories, lab room, etc.
4. Monitors patient flow by communicating with providers and assistant staff regarding patient emergencies, patient location, and waiting schedule.
5. Monitors ordering and utilization of supplies to optimize use and minimize cost.
6. Responsible for equipment maintenance. Reports all repairs needed to Dental Director and calls for repairs.
7. Monitors patient treatment by triaging emergency walk-ins and following up on quality issues and patient complaints.
8. Maintains log books for the following areas:
a. Laboratory work (CC-BB-Partial framework).
b. Unfinished cases and undelivered cases.
c. Dates of spore tests
d. Film badge exchange, radiation exposure reports, and radiation training.
e. Water Test Log
f. Initial and annual training of employees
g. Facility Walk-thru Hazard Assessment
h. Sharps Injury
- Monitors and keeps log of
- Sharp container recovery levels.
- Expiration dates of drugs/medicine.
- Level of oxygen in resuscitation cart
- Amalgam and lead scrap recovery.
- Dental unit maintenance.
- Nitrous Oxide System.
- Recovery cartridges from x-ray processors.
10. Organizes, oversees and coordinates community outreach events for the dental department and in collaboration with other departments when needed.
11. Conducts monthly staff meetings. Prepares agendas for action items and ensure opportunity for staff participation in discussions.
12. Assists Dental Director with administrative duties.
1. Complies with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
3. Attends meetings as required and participate on committees as directed.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.