||Fall 2019/Winter 2020 Intern - Assurance - Chicago
The objective of the internship is to introduce the intern to the field of public accounting and to provide a dynamic, challenging and fun experience. The intern will be exposed to RubinBrown’s national real estate practice and other Assurance industries.
RubinBrown, the nation’s 46th largest accounting and business consulting firm, joined together with Chicago-based, FLS Group effective December 1, 2017. This combination allows RubinBrown to grow its national real estate practice with a larger presence in
the Midwest market. The intern will be provided with an introductory orientation to the firm. This orientation includes administrative and professional matters. Each intern will be assigned a Career Advocate, who will assist the intern in building a set of
personalized goals and objectives for the internship. Other training will include extensive use of information technology, including use of the firm’s accounting and tax networks. The Fall/Winter internship will begin in September 2019 and go until March/April
2020. Major Responsibilities • Plan and perform annual financial statement audits and review engagements • Perform compliance testing in accordance with policies and procedures and other regulatory requirements • Understand the client’s needs and expectations,
as well as, industry specific GAAP and GAAS issues • Complete audit engagements for designated clients, while working closely with a supervisor or manager • Identify and communicate potential problem areas during engagements to a supervisor or manager • Conduct
business specific research, gather and analyze data, interpret results, compile reports and make recommendations to a supervisor and manager • Develop effective client relationships through professionalism and follow-through • Perform other job related duties
• Junior or Senior Status
• Exhibit a basic understanding of GAAP and GAAS
• Perform work accurately and in a timely fashion, with strong attention to detail and organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under close supervision, while utilizing continuous feedback
• Proficient with MS Office
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to travel 20-30%
• Ability to work 40+ hours/week with possible Saturdays during busy season. Non-busy season hours are flexible.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend