||Manager - Federal Tax - Kansas City
||Kansas City, MO
- Review client documentation, tax returns and work papers for accuracy
- Plan and complete assignments in a timely manner consistent with RubinBrown Client Service Standards
- Recognize, research, document and satisfactorily resolve technical tax issues
- Supervise tax team members assigned to client engagements and/or assignments
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers, team members, in addition to client personnel
- Develop tax team members
- Assist in development of technical skills for team members:
- Motivate and inspire
- Demonstrate positive contributions to firm’s recruitment, education, development, and retention efforts
- Serve as a Career Advocate and/or Coach (if desired)
- Provide team members with timely and candid feedback – supporting the firm’s performance management process
- Assist in proposals and business development for prospective clients
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree, CPA or other related certification (required).
- Demonstrate technical competence in specialty expertise (Income tax, Compliance, and Planning).
- Technical skills related to business tax return compliance.
- A minimum of 5 years of tax and compliance experience, including supervision and review experience.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment.
- Ability to work on a team and develop other individuals.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and deadlines, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Ability to work extra hours as determined by the workload and client expectations.
- Minimal travel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout office.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull up to 30-50 pounds.
- Ability to speak English to communicate with clients, team members, etc.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend