||IT - Support Analyst (Internal Technology Services)
Founded in 1952, RubinBrown’s team members establish best practices within specific industry
segments and work to serve the community both inside and outside the workplace. RubinBrown’s mission is to help clients build and protect value, while at all times honoring the responsibility to serve the public interest. RubinBrown
is an independent member of Baker Tilly International.
The IT Support Analyst will serve as a member of the Technology Services Help Desk team, providing courteous and expert technical support to all RubinBrown team members in all locations via ticketing system, remote access, desk-side support, phone calls,
emails, self-service, and walk-ups. This position will require the ability to multitask among several duties including but not limited to installation, troubleshooting and resolving technology issues on various hardware and software, Windows 7 and 10 operating
systems, prioritizing support requests, and performing ticket documentation. Works collaboratively with other members of the Help Desk team to ensure tickets are being worked and closed within acceptable timelines. Escalates to level 2 and level 3 technology
support team members, or manager, as needed for advanced support.
- Understand the fundamentals of how an accounting firm operates to ensure support levels match expectations.
- Develop expertise in the everyday use of internally developed and commercial software specific to the firm.
- Provide superior quality and service to all firm technology users. Respond promptly and courteously. Prioritize requests according to criticality. Identify timely and accurate solutions to technical issues.
- Provide expert help desk support (both remote and on-site) for all hardware, software, and ancillary office equipment including video conferencing equipment, projectors, phone systems, printers, scanners, and multi-function devices.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and modify computer and network system software.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and support for Microsoft Office 2016, including Outlook e-mail, as well as Lotus Notes Domino databases/applications.
- Document all support activities in ticket tracking database.
- Inventory management of technology assets.
- Image workstations and assist in installation of PC hardware and software applications in accordance with firm standards.
- Deployment and migration of computers.
- Create and update process documentation.
- Participate in the research, development, and implementation of new technologies.
- Provide technology training to team members as needed.
Required Practical Experience / Background / Skills
- Strong customer service skills including verbal and written communications; customer-focused with ability to effectively communicate with management, co-workers, and customers
- Superior time management skills including sense of urgency and proactive approach
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented and accountable
- Strict adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work on and successfully complete multiple projects at the same time
- At least three years of relevant technology experience in related technical environment preferred
- Strong computer aptitude and understanding of IT concepts, operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Strong PC and software product skills (Windows 7/10 operating systems, Microsoft Outlook/Office 2016)
- Self-motivated to research resolutions to technical issues independently and with limited guidance
- Drive to research and learn new technologies
Required Professional Background / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, required
- CompTIA A+ certification a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a Help Desk, System Admin, or Desktop Support role
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration
- Familiarity with Office 365
- Typical office hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Available for on-call coverage during evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work extra hours, different hours, or staggered hours as determined by the workload and expectations especially between February and April each year
- Minimal travel
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to move throughout office
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to speak English to communicate with clients, team members, etc.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend