||Manager - Assurance Services
||St. Louis, MO
Founded in 1952, RubinBrown’s team members establish best practices within specific industry segments and work to serve the community both inside and outside the workplace. RubinBrown’s mission is to help clients build and protect value, while at all
times honoring the responsibility to serve the public interest.
RubinBrown is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a high-quality, dedicated network of 126 independent firms in 147 countries.
The Assurance Services Manager is a key participant in the engagement management for assurance clients. This position will serve as a technical resource for engagement teams to assist in the application of professional standards and internal policies. This
position will also be responsible for the review and timely completion of assurance client engagements for a variety of industry groups.
- Work closely with partners and team members in addition to client personnel.
- Display strong understanding of general accounting standards and auditing and accounting and review service procedures.
- Plan and complete assurance engagements of various industry groups in accordance with RubinBrown Client Service Standards.
- Identify and communicate accounting and assurance related matters to other engagement team members.
- Identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Direct communication with clients.
- Supervise the assurance staff assigned to the engagement.
- Develop and monitor the budget for engagements.
- Review client engagement documentation and work papers for accuracy and compliance with firm policies and professional standards, including issues memos, financial statements and related disclosures.
- Assist in organizing and instructing periodic department-wide technical training.
- Development of Team Members:
- Motivate and be respected by subordinates.
- Demonstrate positive contributions to firm’s recruitment, education, development, and retention efforts.
- Serve as a Mentor, Coach, and/or Career Advocate (if assigned).
- Provide Team Members with timely and candid feedback – supporting the firm’s performance management process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree
- Seven or more years of applicable experience.
- CPA designation (required).
- Real Estate Experience Preferred, but not required
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability
- Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Superior knowledge of general accounting and assurance services including skills knowledge plus the application of general theory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required). Proficiency in ProSystems, Engagment fx, or alternatively another paperless audit environment such as Creative Solutions or CaseWare preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend