||Accountant (Experienced) - Tax - Real Estate
As a member of the RubinBrown's Real Estate Tax Team, the successful candidate will work directly with the managers and partners of the firm's Real Estate Services Group. The successful candidate will use their basic
foundation in accounting and taxation to develop specialized skills related to tax compliance and consulting regulations and issues for tax credit incentive properties, incluidng low-income housing, historic rehabilitation, New Markets and Renewable Energy.
Tax Accountants must provide outstanding consulting and compliance services to our real estate clients. Tax Accountants must be familiar with the professionalism necessary for not only effectively and efficiently addressing client needs but also working on
a team and working to meet specific deadlines.
- Plan and complete real estate tax work/tax returns for multiple clients in accordance with RubinBrown Client Service Standards.
- Develop a great foundation of knowledge related to tax credit real estate properties including tax compliance and consulting
- Identify process and performance improvement opportunities.
- Research current tax compliance and consulting issues.
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree CPA or other related certification (required).
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment.
- Two to Four years of tax compliance experience. Prior experience with pass-through entity tax credits (LIHTC, HTC, NMTC) is highly desirable, but not necessary.
- Excellent analytical and leadership ability.
- Ability to work on a team and develop other individuals
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and deadlines, provide services, and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strict adherence to professional ethics.
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a strategic business unit of the firm.
- The typical office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Ability to work extra hours as determined by the workload and client expectations.
- Travel for this position will be minimal, depending on office.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move throughout office.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend