||Ossid, based in Rocky Mount, NC, is a manufacturer of high-speed tray packaging, weigh/price labeling equipment and form fill seal packaging solutions. Ossid provides solutions across numerous markets, including fresh and processed meats, medical devices, convenience foods and consumer goods. Ossid is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking. For more information on Pro Mach’s brands visit www.ProMachBrands.com.
Ossid is searching for a technically strong Mechanical/Applications Engineer to manage customer projects from concept to installation. This includes design and developing technically sound and commercially competitive solutions, concept drawings, floor plan layouts and quotations for Ossid Horizontal Form Fill and Seal Thermo former Packaging equipment. The successful candidate will provide both technical and commercial sales support to inside and outside Sales. This includes customer quotes as well as sales visits to customers. The position reports to the VP of Engineering.
Develops specifications for machinery/equipment and parts as well as performance standards. Develops and designs machine systems and subsystems based on standard requirements. Provides detail designs and drawings to support engineering projects.
Prepare sales quotes which involve technical evaluation of applications e.g. layouts, drawings, demonstration videos, interface with plant engineers and manufacturing personnel, etc. Prepares cost analysis for integrating new machinery and equipment into the manufacturing process. Participate in the new project evaluation process by developing a concept, gathering cost data from historical records for pricing purposes, and making recommendations on proceeding (or declining based on risk analysis) with a project.
Hands on testing of package designs to insure machinery has the capability to carry out desired functions. Tests alternative techniques and methods; recommends changes in procedures or equipment as necessary.
Communicate with inside and outside sales group, customers and prospects to provide product line technical and commercial information necessary to obtain orders. Conduct customer presentation and machine demonstrations. Assist in the new order process, which includes order kickoff and design reviews.
Participate in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
• 2-5 years’ experience in mechanical design engineering, preferably with horizontal form, fill and seal equipment
• BS degree in mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
• Design knowledge of machined and fabricated parts (knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, & computer programming) e.g. shafts, bearings & housings, drive components, mounting plates, precision spacers, structural frame weldments, sheet metal, channels, covers, ducts, etc.
• Experience with electromechanical systems which include drive systems, pneumatics and conveyors
• Experience in the design and development of machinery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle multiple projects
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Solid Works, and ERP system
• Ability and willingness to travel as required supporting product development, technical evaluation and providing customer support
Salary is only a part of a well-developed compensation program. As a Pro Mach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your pay (base salary), very comprehensive medical/dental programs as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, a retirement savings plan with a company match and a wellness program. There is no waiting period for benefits – you are eligible on your first day of employment.
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach complies with all states mandating the use of E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
||Send This Job to a Friend