||Morgan Borszcz Consulting
||This position will provide support for USAID Exchange Visitors and Participant Training recipients who attend USAID-funded study or other program events in the U.S. to help facilitate compliance with the IRS Tax filing required for all participants who
attend education and training programs in the U.S.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Receive requests from USAID (the Student Exchange Visa Information System (SEVIS) Sponsor Responsible Officer or Alternate Responsible Officer), or USAID’s Implementing Partners to file individual IRS W-7 Forms along with accompanying documentation (referred
to as a W-7 Package);
• Review each page of the W-7 package to ensure validity of Exchange Visitor’s identity. Check each form to ensure that the information is complete and complies with established instructions, and meets the suitability test for submission to the IRS (i.e., meets
IRS submission requirements);
• Draft, print and obtain the signature of relevant USAID staff on an officiating cover letter, and attach the letter to the W-7 package for submission.
• Maintain a log of tax packages that are mailed to IRS and the mailing date.
• Coordinate with the IRS Taxpayer Advocacy Service (TAS) to successfully resolve all W-7 applications rejected by the IRS and resubmit additional or corrected documentation, as needed, as well as provide other comparable administrative and clerical support.
• Provide other training and capacity development-related support as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Personal / Team Development
• Demonstrates the MBC Values through behaviors; sets high personal standards for performance/conduct; supports company and practice activities
• Demonstrates ability to be a team player; works well with others; contributes positively to work/team environment while continually seeks ways to enhance contribution to the team
• Provide support to consultants and clients and understand business issues and related challenges of the client’s organization and industry
• Performs a key role in preparation of quality deliverables
• Supports the operations of the engagement team and management while performing as an integrated team member.
• Supports development of engagement work plans, schedules, and performance meetings
• Supports business development activities as directed by management.
• Supports practice business development activities
• Understands basic steps in sales cycles
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements
• Associate or Baccalaureate degree or technical certificate in a relevant field related to the duties and responsibilities of this position (e.g. administration, business, education, program management, human resource management, etc.). The education requirement
may be supplemented by at least 5 years of directly relevant experience, in addition to the below minimum work experience requirements
• Proficiency with the Web, MS Office and SharePoint
• Business travel as required by contract
• Expert functional and technical skills as required by contract
• Knowledgeable of engagement or project planning and control process
Minimum Work Experience Requirements
• Five years of progressive experience related to implementing training programs
• Level IV English ability (both written and oral)
• Detailed oriented, observant, and possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with USAID staff, implementers and Tax Payer Advocacy personnel in a timely manner
• Strong problem-solving skills when tax filing issues arise
• Experience working with computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel, Google, Outlook and Windows 7
• Basic familiarity with IRS procedures
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
• Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
MBC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend