Are you a future ready thinker who says “why not” when it comes to new possibilities and technologies? Then “why not” explore a career as a Training Coordinator with Midco.
We live in an exciting age of innovation, ready to shift the focus of education from teaching to learning?
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
The Training Coordinator will help lead Midco into the future of adult learning. This person will be responsible to oversee the professional development of new team members
through Midco’s Autonomous Learning program. This includes managing, designing, developing, conducting and the coordination of training programs.
- Guide new Midco team members through Autonomous new hire learning program.
- Ensure the autonomous program and supporting resources are current and relevant to the learner’s position.
- Coordinate with mentors and support groups such as workforce, Quality Assurance, and Net Promoter System.
- Serve as a subject matter expert by providing coaching on best practices, guide learners on effective use of all available reference materials and tools at their disposal.
- Practice the skill sets of the learner to maintain practical knowledge on tasks, products, and procedures required by the position.
- Design, develop and deliver training programs.
- Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
- Assess instructional and digital training effectiveness to determine the impact of training for team members’ skills and key performance indicators.
- Gather feedback from trainees and the learning management system after each educational session.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and experts regarding instructional design.
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Ideate, design and revise compelling print and digital experiences.
- Facilitate leadership meetings to assess learner progress.
- Collaborate effectively with others while supporting team members throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
- Create and develop storyboards for presentations.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of our products and current trends in web technologies and design practices
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation.
- Knowledge of learning management systems and digital delivery methods.
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Familiarity with traditional and modern job training methods and techniques.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to incorporate new information or material quickly and apply that learning to perform successfully in new situations.
- Detail-oriented with great self-motivation, organization and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Intellectual Curiosity, anticipate the questions that need to be asked.
- Committed to see projects through, from inception to production.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationship with team members, customers, and leadership.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR, communications, training, education, or business.
- Experience in instructional design and adult learning principles preferred.
- Ability to learn online development tools such as Axonify, Vyond, and Adobe Software Suite.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Keynote.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend