||Strategic Sourcing Manager
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Responsible for the procurement and management of materials, staff and resources. This role will be integral in the implementation of the company wide supply chain strategy
through the successful coordination of Indirect and direct spend projects. This individual will collect and analyze relevant internal and external data to identify opportunities for cost reductions, drive process improvements for operational efficiencies,
prepare cost analysis and provide recommendations to optimize procurement for Midco.
- Lead, develop, and manage the strategic sourcing team to carry out the essential elements of Midco’s sourcing strategy, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Set daily, monthly, and weekly goals designed to reach department expectations.
- Identify sourcing opportunities, develop smarter supplier relationships and more efficient procurement processes. Collaborate with teams across the organization.
- Lead sourcing events, collaborating with partners to define scope, identify suppliers and develop internal recommendations.
- Manage and maintain the organizations RFP process.
- Develop strategy and coordinate sale of used equipment.
- Use data analytics, industry benchmarking and strategic sourcing methodologies to develop and execute strategies.
- Drive development and execution of high impact strategic sourcing projects and initiatives ensuring alignment with the overall priorities and objectives of Midco.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on a variety of contracts, working across functions when needed, to ensure maximum value and minimum risk to Midco.
- Manage strategic supplier relationships with cross functional/cross business impact covering multiple geographies.
- Actively monitor and evaluate savings opportunities, provide analysis and communicate appropriately to Senior Management.
- Coordinate and partner with suppliers and internal customers to deliver standard methodology operations and communications.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that builds positive relationships with client, team-members and leadership
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in manufacturing, supply chain or sourcing operations.
- Solid track record of identifying, developing and executing high impact sourcing strategies
- Ability to communicate, influence and establish collaborations at all levels of an organization.
- Strong business insight, including good strategy, financial and operational skills.
- Solid project management skills to drive and close multiple complex, high risk projects across business functions and geographies.
- Excellent negotiations skills with the ability to negotiate large volume, high risk deals independently.
- Strong supplier management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- In-person visits to a supplier’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a supplier’s place of business
by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend