As a Midco employee you will enjoy free & discounted services; competitive benefits & pay; quarterly incentives based on performance; progressive career
pay opportunities within the first year and thereafter; and training & advancement opportunities. Field Technicians also drive a company-provided vehicle and wear company clothing.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
https://www.midco.com/careers/field-technician-jobs/ to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Perform basic service installations, disconnects and changes for residential and business customers.
- Perform installation work including but not limited to voice, video and data installs, and service changes and disconnects in customer homes and places of business.
- Complete Midco First Time Right Broadband I certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
- Troubleshoot and repair services from tap to Customer Premise Equipment (CPE), and signal leakage repairs.
- Maintain records, including daily logs and gas sheets.
- Record all required information on work orders, surveys, and referrals.
- Promote cable, internet, and other Company services and educate customers on the proper use of Midco’s services, including how to add additional services, access help online,
channel lineups, and proper equipment usage.
- Ensure proper signal levels and picture quality on all television sets; clear the premises of all debris and materials after the installation is complete.
- Appropriately manage difficult or emotional customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner.
- Perform on-call duties as required.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- HS Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- Maintain a current and valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record. A DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you from employment in this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 84 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts,
high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place
of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend