Midco is seeking innovative ideas, can-do attitudes and inclusive mindset for its 2019 Summer Internship Program. From strategizing a project from inception to execution, to
presenting outcomes to senior leaders, the Midco Internship Program equips workers with the skills needed to succeed in the workplace. Landing an internship with Midco is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door and drastically improves your chances
at securing a full time job after graduation.
Midco’s team of 1,600 strong is driven to be the best communications company in the country. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and
play. Not sure what your future job may be? Midco offers real-life experience, mentoring, job shadowing, career workshops, and so much more!
The Product Management Intern will have the opportunity to work at Midco's corporate office as part of the product management
team. In filling this position, we looking for someone that is ambitious, has a go-getter attitude and is ready to make a meaningful contribution! This internship will provide a unique exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Corporate office that you will
not learn from a text book or classroom!
This is a PAID internship. Internships typically begin in June and ending in August.
https://www.midco.com/careers/midco-internships/ to learn about internship opportunities and apply today.
Learn and assist the product management team in developing strategies for new and existing products. Ensure the consumer product lifecycle delivers a positive customer experience,
meets the customers’ needs and supports the strategy and goals of the company.
- Manage product assignments with focus on the product design, development and growth of the products.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features by working cross-functionally with teams to understand customer needs.
- Empathize for customer needs and improve customer experience.
- Perform competitive analysis to understand how the product and features compares to our key competitors.
- Contribute to product development road map, write requirements and plan of action that measure benefits of the product.
- Work very closely with marketing and technology team to maintain alignment in priorities.
- Track and analyze product performance from product as well as from business metrics perspective.
- Measure the success of each feature in terms of conversion and ROI.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and complete work projects.
- Possess strong people and relationship management skills to work independently, to interface with all levels and functions of the organization and to maintain good rapport
and relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills and problem solving abilities to make sound decisions while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Working towards a MBA or Master’s Degree in related industry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demand.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.