||SMB & Advertising Sales Manager
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Effectively lead, coach and support the sales team targeting advertising clients and small-to-medium business customers throughout overall sales territory. Maximize sales revenues
and meet corporate objectives on a consistent basis to assure optimal sales team staffing and training readiness of sales professionals. Provide leadership in the community in support of the Midco brand.
- Maintain expertise on Company's products/services to effectively manage team sales.
- Lead, develop and supervise Advertising and SMB Sales Consultants while maintaining an inclusive team environment.
- Act as Midco’s regional representative as directed by management in public situations and/or identify and support most appropriate resource.
- Represent Midco’s interests through your involvement and presence in community events.
- Coach, develop, appraise, and motivate individual sales representatives to achieve and exceed assigned objectives. Educate sales professionals in sales planning tactics to
support their small to medium business success by assuring compliance with training requirements.
- Set goals and monitor employee performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by providing counsel and advisement to ensure maximum effectiveness and continued growth on
a constant basis. Address personnel issues/performance issues in accordance with Company policy.
- Develop, plan, and coordinate sales promotions and incentives to meet business goals and objectives with the support of senior management.
- Prepare, analyze, and communicate individual and group sales and performance results relative to business goals and objectives. Ensure accurate forecasts of annual, quarterly,
and monthly revenue expectations through experience with processing and analyzing of data.
- Design, implement, and manage overall territory team structure. Coordinate effort with other internal teams and groups to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and implement best practices that contribute to improved performance and overall success through leading by example and modeling the Midco Trailblazer core values.
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing clients within the department and within the community.
- Foster community outreach within new communities to enable placement of direct sales consultants for optimum success.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, and self-motivated and detail oriented approach toward work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgement.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Eight to ten years of sale experience required.
- Five or more years of experience managing a sales team preferred.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Telecommunications industry is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications, interpersonal skills, and planning and organizational skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- In person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer’s place of business
by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc. and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend