||Residential Sales Associate
Are you looking for a new challenge in your career? If you are looking for an extraordinary opportunity to be a high-performing sales leader and are passionate about providing
exceptional customer service, Midco may be the right place for you to pursue a rewarding career.
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We are dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play.
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com/ResidentialSalesAssociate to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Drive residential sales opportunities to provide individual consumers with basic services such as telephone, internet, home security and cable TV through door-to-door calling
and networking throughout the community. Residential Sales Associates will network with apartment managers, local builders, insurance agents and realtors to drive referrals and increase sales.
- Identify individual customer’s current and potential product needs and make recommendations. Increase the customers understanding of Midco products and pricing options.
- Possess strong knowledge of product features, benefits, pricing, and campaigns for cable TV, high-speed internet, phone and home security in an effort to sell and upsell to
new and existing customers by knocking on doors within territory.
- Work targeted sales campaigns and addresses to drive results.
- Accurately set up accounts for new customers, prepare work orders for installs, repairs, and other customer transactions.
- Maintain and update turf management plan without assistance, able to work independently.
- Build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with potential and existing customers within your department and community.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customer and establish positive rapport.
- Meet or exceed defined sales goals (weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.).
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner, if necessary.
- Be patient and understanding in all customer interactions.
- Dress in a professional manner to positively represent Midco’s image throughout the community.
- Clearly explain and demonstrate equipment connectivity and functionality.
- Travel to and support other Residential Sales Associates in door-to-door areas as necessary.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member to support customer experience while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- 2-3 year of sales or related experience preferred. Industry experience preferred.
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Team members may be required to frequently reach, lift and/or carry loads of approximately 15lbs., such as laptop, literature, and office essentials.
- In-person visits to customers’ residences are frequent in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home by stairs or elevator,
operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Employees may be required to be on feet walking up to or exceed 40 hours per week.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend