||Data Engineer II
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Relocation assistance may be available.
Support all aspects of Midco data strategy and enterprise data analytics. Focus on SQL development and ETL processes across Midco departments. Provide support in the database
design, data flow and analysis activities.
- Design and implement data solutions that support short and long-term information & analysis goals.
- Design and implement ETL procedures for optimal processing of data from a wide variety of data sources. Ensure data is verified and quality is checked
- Build analytic data sets to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with various Midco stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Ensure data integrity through regular communications with IT developers, Analysts and SMEs
- Performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to ensure proper data design.
- Consolidate and optimize existing data warehouse infrastructure
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary ('metadata').
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure customer’s privacy
- Maintain regular attendance.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum four years experience as a Database Administrator, Developer or Data Analyst required.
- Experience with developing SQL server scripts, stored procedures, and utilizing SSIS is required.
- Experience working with application developers or business analysts is preferred.
- Experience in dimensional modelling is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend