||Senior Financial Analyst-Financial Analytics
Analytics opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst working in SQL, Tableau and Excel. Work as a data analyst, Tableau visualization designer, and insights consultant
in a big data environment that is thirsty for advanced analytics, enhanced reporting, and data-driven decision support. Ideal candidate will be proficient with SQL and Tableau.
We are a medium sized, fast-growing, ISP/cable TV leader in the upper Midwest. Due to our rapid growth, we have expended our financial analytics team by adding
three roles in the past year and are now looking to add a fourth! We’ve assembled a world-class team who is scrappy, creative, priority-focused, insightful, and collaborative. Do you have the skills and dynamic personality to fit our team?
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband
– while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Help create, implement and drive a data-driven culture through analytics, enhanced reporting and decision support. Execute timely financial analysis and reporting surrounding
day-to-day business metrics, strategic initiatives, new products, pricing, profit optimization and business development areas.
- Help drive fact-based solutions and promote data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Develop or improve reporting on operating results, primarily using Tableau and Excel.
- Partner with operating departments and analysts throughout the company.
- Provide financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Deliver data, metrics, and models that will help determine the direction of the business including product and line-of-business profitability and scenario modeling for changes
in offerings and/or pricing.
- Participate with product management/development team to provide financial justification, return-on-investment analysis, and financial planning (P&L and capital forecasts/budgets).
- Engage with information technology and various analysts to build, maintain, and improve the existing business intelligence and analytics tools.
- Partner with sales teams on financial issues that impact their areas.
- Develop and maintain detailed financial models on customer metrics, including customer relationships, subscribers by product, market penetration, and average revenue metrics.
- Support business development through ad-hoc financial analysis and collaborating with cross-functional teams in evaluating new opportunities.
- Perform capital investment analysis in order to help management make decisions.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis to facilitate decision making and planning and other project support as needed.
- Support Finance in driver-based forecasting/planning, special projects and continuous improvement.
- Prepare presentations.
- Support M&A activity.
- Participate in team efforts to support customer satisfaction and team goals.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be results-oriented self-starter; organized, detailed and possessing strong analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with internal customers, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with major in Accounting, Finance or Business Analytics preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of financial analysis, business intelligence and/or business analytics experience required.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel especially, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Intermediate-level skills in SQL and/or Tableau highly preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend