||Regional Project Manager
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly
serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet
with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Manage new network construction and rebuild activities for the assigned region.
- Lead, develop, and manage a construction group capable of carrying out the essential elements of the Company and departmental strategy, standards, policies, and procedures; set attainable goals.
- Manage the Construction department in the maintenance, expansion and upgrades to Midco’s regional network.
- Supervise the daily progress of construction projects to ensure projects are completed safely, on time, and within budget.
- Evaluate and allocate the required resources to deliver projects according to plan.
- Manage all new maintenance construction including house moves, facility relocations, etc.
- Design and review construction projects. Initiate and manage revisions when appropriate.
- Oversee construction equipment usage and maintenance to ensure that all equipment is in operating order and used safely.
- Perform quality assurance checks and complete corresponding paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with State, County, City, Townships, and Railroad, regarding permit requirements and requests.
- Attend City, County, State, Township and Utility meetings.
- Ensure project documents are completed according to Company standards and placed in Compass. Ensure all documents are current.
- Provide timely performance feedback and daily coaching. Perform annual reviews and effectively manage disciplinary and/or performance problems.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures as well as operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform duties of construction staff if needed.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years broadband experience or equivalent required.
- NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of aerial and underground construction principles and standards, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and
risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors
or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected
Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend