||MDU Sales Manager
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
The Multi Dwelling Unit Sales Manager will lead a team of MDU account executives and senior account executives to grow Midco’s MDU segment revenues and profitability by expanding
Midco’s penetration throughout the business and residential MDU marketplace. This role will be instrumental in renewing existing customer agreements, analyzing current approach, developing and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy that includes aligning
sales teams in order to maximize growth and success.
- Work cross functionally with the Business and Direct Sales Management teams to ensure best outcomes.
- Develop and drive actionable, data-driven insights to cultivate sales.
- Partner with marketing and finance to develop accurate forecast models and communicate expectations up to VP of Sales.
- Actively research in MDU space on an ongoing basis to understand trends and gather competitive intelligence on pricing and product set.
- Achieve established sales and revenue goals established by the business.
- Develop, implement and drive the sales strategy for the Midco footprint.
- Gather and translate customer feedback to leadership and product development to ensure new and existing products continually meet the needs of the customer today and in the
- Collaborate with marketing to develop meaningful campaigns and professional comprehensive collateral including but not limited to presentations, contracts, and sales materials
that can drive profitable growth.
- Coach team members consistently by regularly monitoring performance and training best practices to promote career development and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure use of CRM including pipeline management of opportunities as well as funnel movement for tracking of production.
- Utilize and recommend reporting to track KPIs and create action plans as needed.
- Provide timely feedback in one-on-one meetings and annual reviews based on communicated expectations and measurable standards. Correct performance issues or address disciplinary
actions in a timely fashion.
- Set goals designed to motivate team members to reach department expectations that align with the company’s strategic plan.
Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate courage through a willingness to take a stand and tackle the tough issues while acknowledging own limitations, without compromising integrity.
- Practice agility by modeling flexibility, resiliency and change management. Has the ability to cut through ambiguity and not fear the unknown and has a thirst for knowledge
- Build talent by making the search and development of new and existing team members a priority and investing personally in others’ development.
- Collaborate across boundaries by working effectively across Midco to achieve success, helping to build a foundation for an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Think strategically through maintaining a holistic and long-term perspective, identifying root causes of problems and anticipating unexpected outcomes.
- Exhibit excellent business acumen by pursuing and supporting Midco’s growth and using data to drive decisions and actions.
- Exercise innovative thinking through modeling curiosity and encouraging creativity to keep customers and team members engaged.
- Execute on assigned strategic initiatives or other projects through communicating clear expectations that set a high bar, verifying understanding of expectations and holding
self and others accountable for results.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with a focus in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred.
- MDU sales experience required.
- Three to Five years’ sales management experience required.
Excellent leadership, communication (written, speaking, listening), organizational, business, and computer skills required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee is required to travel a minimum of 50% of flexible scheduled hours.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business
by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend