We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Handle a variety of complex assigned projects within the legal department of a privately-held company, including contract review, regulatory compliance, transactional work,
legal research and litigation assistance, as well as collaborating with the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel to develop processes and procedures for the company.
- Review and draft commercial contracts with customers and vendors, including software licensing and other technology related agreements.
- Support General Counsel, Associate General Counsel and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate
- Provide advice with respect to litigation matters and manage outside litigation counsel.
- Assist General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in managing and coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance, including meetings and communications with
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Research, analyze and prepare appropriate responses to business related legal questions, orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments throughout the organization while maintaining high level of confidentiality.
- Be available to company personnel for consultation and assistance.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate ability to find answers and resolve potential issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent research abilities and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
- Licensed to practice law in South Dakota or other jurisdiction, and a minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in corporate legal department or law firm.
- Legal experience in voice, video and data industry strongly preferred, particularly FCC or other related regulatory experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word required and experience with SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employee may be required to travel if necessary.
- Employee may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco will not discriminate against applicants because of: race, color, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance,
members or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or age.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend