||Intern - Videographer / Editor
Midco is seeking innovative ideas, can-do attitudes and inclusive mindsets for its 2018 Summer Internship Program. From strategizing a project from inception to execution,
to presenting outcomes to senior leaders, the Midco Internship Program equips workers with the skills needed to succeed in the workplace.
Midco’s team of 1,500 strong is driven to be the best communications company in the country. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and
play. Not sure what your future job may be? Midco offers real-life experience, mentoring, job shadowing, career workshops, and so much more!
Intern - Videographer / Editor you will get to be the creative team that produces, directs, shoots and edits content for on-air footage and brodcasting! Get first-hand knowledge working behind the scenes with production equipment and software.
Assit with onsite shoots in the production of footage to be used in producing commericals for local and regional commericals! Landing an internship with Midco is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door and drastically improves your chances at securing
a full time job after graduation.
Ready to intern at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to intern:
- Paid positions
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Interact with 24 other fun, enthusiastic interns in a diverse work environment
This is a PAID 12-week internship. Internships typically beging in June and end in August.
https://www.midco.com/careers/midco-internships/ to learn about internship opportunities and apply today.
Assist and develop skills and knowledge in the production of local and regional content for on-air.
- Actively participate in the creative process and assist in the development of local and regional content for on-air.
- Assist and develop skills in the operation of video cameras, editing equipment and related software: Adobe Premiere or equivalent.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and expand knowledge of basic lighting, video and audio techniques and computer applications.
- Develop ability to create graphic art using computer graphics equipment. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent.
- Ability to learn to write professionally and effectively for TV.
- Comply with operating procedures directed by Management and Engineering.
- Work with freelance personnel to produce, direct, shoot and edit content.
- Provide ideas during meetings, with the ability to follow up and provide updates on ideas.
- Be willing to work on special projects as assigned.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Be willing to advance personal knowledge of programs and techniques through tutorials, on-site and off-site training opportunities.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Working towards a degree of certificate program in television production or advertising related field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- This internship is for a maximum of 12 weeks from date of hire to completion and does not guarantee future employment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend