||Residential Sales Associate II
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 330,000 residential and business customers in 335 communities in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This is a Door to Door Sales position.
Support customer service and sales by assisting new and existing customers in a door-to-door environment.
- Possess strong knowledge of Midco’s products and services to identify customer needs in an effort to sell and upsell to new and existing customers.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all customers. Be able to establish a positive rapport.
- Sell Midco’s products and services in a door-to-door environment.
- Accurately set up accounts for new customers, prepare work orders for installs, repairs, and other customer transactions.
- Clearly explain and demonstrate equipment connectivity and functionality.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
- Be patient and understanding in all customer interactions.
- Dress in a professional manner to positively represent Midco’s image throughout the community.
- Travel to potential and existing customer homes within assigned door-to-door territory.
- Be willing and able to travel in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member to support customer satisfaction while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a retail or door-to-door environment preferred.
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the Internet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home by stairs or elevator, operating
doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend