We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Support the operational elements of Field Operations and other internal departments via phone by providing advanced troubleshooting assistance in addition to assisting with
work order disposition.
- Works with ICOMS, Work Assure, and various phone provisioning platforms.
- Performs troubleshooting activities; runs and interprets data from a variety of technical tools.
- Assists service and install technicians with completing, canceling, and reassigning work assignments as needed.
- Supports field personnel with activation of customer premise equipment.
- Handle calls from internal, contractors and external customers with a high degree of customer service and technical expertise.
- Inform and update field technicians on job information when research extends beyond the initial request for assistance.
- Enter follow-up tasks or referral tasks for field technicians.
- If a closing dispatcher, perform routing efficiency validation activities.
- Work skillfully with internal and external customers to resolve service and scheduling issues in a way that best meets the needs of the external customer.
- Serve as a neutral liaison between field technicians and customer service representatives and support them equally in an effort to provide the best service possible to Midco
- Record electronic transactions accurately for all calls.
- Provision new and existing telephone lines and support the needs of the telephone network.
- Troubleshoot service issues skillfully.
- Possess strong technical and computer based skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Cross-train as requested to develop and broaden skill sets and to support customer demand.
Mentor new hires as required.
Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
Support the mission, vision, and values of Midcontinent Communications.
Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Identify opportunities for improvement to existing procedures while creating and implementing viable solutions for improving work order completion, on time arrival, and customer
friendly work order scheduling as part of supporting Field Operations.
Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or Vocational training preferred.
- Previous customer service experience in a call center environment preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V