||Access Network Engineer - Expert
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Apply advanced knowledge of the latest technologies to build, maintain, and support Midco’s RF, Fiber and HFC Access Network while supporting multiple advanced system projects.
- Provide expert level support of Midco’s Access Networks by engaging advanced knowledge of the RF, Fiber, and HFC systems.
- Provide support for multiple projects or aspects of the RF, Fiber or HFC systems.
- Ensure that network systems are in compliance with company, departmental, FCC, and FAA regulations, policies and procedures, and conduct technical audits as necessary to monitor
- Assist in managing internal projects and processes directed toward promoting the health of the overall network. This includes, but is not limited to: proactive network maintenance,
preventative maintenance, Proof of Performance, CLI, EAS, and status monitoring.
- Ensure that facilities and services are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with the requirements of the services carried out on the systems.
- Keep Management up-to-date of engineering activities, issues and progress.
- Serve as a liaison between the Technology Group and Field Operations; build and maintain strong, productive working relationships.
- Resolve problems and questions for Field Operations, while providing optimal internal customer service.
- Install system components as necessary.
- Assist in developing specifications and parameters for the design of cable network.
- Coordinate effective testing programs with the Technology Group and Field Operations.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate reports as requested.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor new hires and existing staff as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- All employees are required to actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Seven to ten years engineering experience in the telecommunications field required.
- Working knowledge of CATV Access Networks, general safety standards, and the entire telecommunications system configuration required.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of RF, Fiber and HFC systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb ladders and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around
in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend