Class starts on September 20th for all current Midco employees.
Class starts on September 26th for all other candidates.
Training will be 4-6 weeks in length, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Attendance is mandatory during training.
There is $250 training completion bonus!
Shifts include afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Create and retain customer loyalty by providing extraordinary service to each customer through selling the value of our products and services, identifying and resolving customer
concerns, and answering customer’s questions.
- Retain customers through identifying customer concerns and selling the value of Midco products and services.
- Establish positive rapport with current Midco customers when taking inbound calls.
- Take incoming calls from customers who may have issues or questions about their payments and billing.
- Take incoming calls from customers requesting to disconnect, add or change their current services.
- Provide recommendations through needs based selling, identify customer needs using questions, educate customers on the value, features and benefits of their services, and
be able to ask for the sale.
- Identify, research and resolve customer concerns and or problems in order to maintain their business and a positive customer relationship.
- Record electronic transactions and document each call as trained by supervisor and/or training department accurately while talking with customers over the phone.
- Communicate effectively, professionally, and apply a positive customer service attitude in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Make outgoing calls to customers and follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or GED required. Some college preferred.
- Previous service experience in a call center environment required. Leadership experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week
- Employees are required to work in and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend