||Central Construction Coordinator
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband
– while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This position is located in Cambridge, St. Cloud, Mankato, or Cold Springs. Relocation assistance may be available!
Direct all phases of construction activity. Serve as Midco’s professional representative when interacting with vendors, customers, and regulatory officials.
- Engage in Construction team efforts to maintain, expand and upgrade regional network.
- Schedule and plan all phases of construction projects to meet goals and deadlines.
- Monitor progress, quality, safety, and compliance for each project.
- Oversee activities of outside contractors and internal staff related to various construction projects.
- Inspect work completed for compliance and quality assurance.
- Produce and maintain documentation as necessary.
- Read, comprehend, and utilize cable system maps and plans.
- Assist in preparing site surveys.
- Prepare asbuilts accurately and in a timely manner.
- Update maps accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform quality assurance checks and complete the paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Locate existing underground cable.
- Ensure all project documents are complete in their entirety, placed in PAC-Track, and kept current.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures. Wear safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required),
safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position).
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Drive/maneuver vehicle and cable trailer in and around construction sites, parking lots, etc.
- Possess certification to operate bucket truck as required when performing aerial construction/maintenance.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED required (some college or vocational training preferred).
- Two to three years’ construction experience in the broadband industry required.
- Working knowledge of construction, the National Electrical Code, OSHA regulations, state and local regulations and general safety standards.
- NCTI, SCTE and/or other broadband certification preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb poles (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- May be required to work within limited confines, such as crawl spaces, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around
in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend