||Network Technician Assoc
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access
to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco
is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This position will focus on optical transport technology.
Actively assist in the installation, support, and ongoing maintenance of Midco and customer networks.
- Participate in the installation and ongoing maintenance of Midco and customer networks, and actively support various groups within Midco by helping to resolve escalated issues
- Test WAN protocols and connectivity.
- Develop layer 1 and 2 skills and configurations.
- Trunk and port channel configurations.
- Perform basic IOS upgrades (work group switches or small corporate routers).
- Possess proficiency in at least two of the following specialties: security, transport, routing, cable modem termination system (CMTS), traffic engineering, voice, video, wireless.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and diagnostics for hardware and software issues on LAN and WAN related services.
- Work independently on all Technician Entry level elements.
- Work with vendors to assist in design, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Oversee the development of system utilities and tools.
- Effectively assist in the implementation and documentation of LAN, WAN, and MAN networks.
- Participate in the network management and maintenance of routers, switches, optical shelves, etc, and provide assistance handling network outages and problems.
- Ensure that the Midco network is secure from outside attack or penetration.
- Provide effective problem solving support for a variety of Midco’s groups, including Customer Service, Engineering, NOC, etc. Report significant activity to the NOC and keep
detailed statistics regarding these activities.
- Provide assistance with projects, including diagramming, reporting, documenting, time management, etc.
- Ensure viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
- Provide effective “on call” support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
- Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for passwords, diagrams, security, etc.
- Must be able to travel when necessary.
- Maintain current, valid driver’s license and good to excellent driving record (DUI within the last 5 years disqualifies you for employment in this position.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance and arrive to work on time as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in related industry or equivalent experience required.
- One to two years network experience required.
- CCNA equivalent in related industry or equivalent experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around
in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend