||Systems Engineer Professional
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Design, maintain and enhance all aspects of Midco’s Datacenter technology and Managed Solutions.
- Maintains and enhances Midco’s server virtualization technology, data storage systems and server hardware solutions.
- Manages the development of solutions over Midco’s hyperconverged server infrastructure.
- Possesses a strong understanding of iSCSI and SAN configuration and administration.
- Works with product management and operations to design and implement new solutions for Midco Business customers.
- Knowledge of fiber channel configuration.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of VMware administration.
- Actively supports datacenter internetworking.
- Designs load balancing configurations for Midco Business customers.
- Actively supports all aspects of the maintenance of the Midco server network. This includes, but is not limited to: Unix Server admin, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, Scripting,
SAN, Database administration and other servers utilized to provide services to Midco’s customers.
- Performs server system upgrades related to the server network.
- Proactively plans for future capacity and executes related action plans.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the Midco Datacenter and Managed Solutions technologies and their components.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of VMware design, administration, networking and licensing.
- Remains current on new information and technologies and attends related training courses as needed.
- Engages vendors to assist in design, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Ensures viable disaster recovery and backup plans are in place for all systems.
- Adheres to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to be respectful of customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Associate’s degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience required/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
- VMware Certified Professional- preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- May be required to climb (with proper equipment), ladders, and other structures as necessary.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation,
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend