We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Provide comprehensive command and control for security alarm monitoring, security ID badging, camera surveillance and support for security access by monitoring, troubleshooting
and performing daily tasks to support the physical security of Midco facilities.
- Engage in proactive and reactive monitoring of security alarms and evaluate the validity of alarms.
- Monitor all access control levels in established security platforms.
- Monitor all video camera surveillance for unusual activity. Review footage as needed for safety or other risk needs.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all new or replacement security IDs for employees and contractors.
- Act as liaison with external alarm monitoring company to ensure security of controlled areas.
- Serve as the physical security administrator for all Midco facilities, including Data Center Access.
- Log and document site additions.
- Review access logs to confirm entry times and dates for non-exempt employees.
- Generate reports as necessary.
- Review access levels and coordinate changes with regional site owners.
- Remotely arm and disarm perimeter alarms as required.
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation as requested.
- Possess knowledge of security monitoring platforms such as Lenel, Pinnacle or Sielox.
- Possess strong, comprehensive technical and computer skills including IP and routing concepts.
- Read and comprehend technical literature.
- Be ready, willing and able to travel and perform site reviews for new security installations.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s degree or vocational certification required. Focus in networking and knowledge of electronic principles.
- Knowledge of security monitoring systems, physical security components, alarm triggers, time zone and holiday access levels.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous security access monitoring preferred.
- Lenel or Sielox certification preferred.
- Experience with Lenel, S2, DMP or Pinnacle is preferred.
- iRAS, RAS+ or other similar surveillance experience preferred.
- Completion of Lenel or Pinnacle Sielox certification within the first year of employment is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business
by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend