||Director of Network Reliability
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access
to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco
is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Director of Network Reliability
The Director of Network Reliability role will provide technical expertise and leadership direction on all network operations of the company's technology infrastructure. This
includes overseeing people, systems and processes used to monitor our technical facilities, fiber network, wide-area networks, servers, datacenters and campus/corporate networks. This is a role with critical technical operations responsibility and accountability
to deliver best-in-class performance and network availability to all of Midco’s internal and external customers.
- Oversee the operational reliability of the Midco technical infrastructure including the technical facilities, fiber backbone, servers, storage and networks by monitoring performance,
equipment malfunctions and/or service outages.
- Ensure the reliability of mission critical application processing solutions.
- Communicate regularly and professionally with other leaders in Engineering, Customer Care, Field Ops, and Senior Management regarding service outages and/or equipment malfunctions
- Oversee NOC function including leading the implementation and approaches of delivering the NOC/SOC capabilities across our networks for both our residential solutions and
- Manage and set requirements and priorities for the design, evaluation, development of all software systems and tools used in monitoring and measuring the Midco operating infrastructure
systems and networks.
- Act as the subject matter expert on process automation through technological solutions that automate ticketing and communication of tickets to their proper ticket owners.
- Lead network reliability projects and ensure the projects meet the established scope, timeline and budget.
- Establish key reliability performance metrics and ensure we are meeting reliability targets for business customers with our service level agreements.
- Ensure we are customer focused by providing timely and accurate communications to our customer service areas.
- For the NOC, act as a customer advocate, frequently communicating with internal customers and managing their needs and expectations.
- Be knowledgeable on Midco’s corporate business continuity and disaster recovery plans and capable of implementing recovery steps should it become required.
- Establish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with technical and non-technical teams involved in information security matters including Legal, Business Operations,
Risk, Internal Audit, Physical Security, Developers, Networking, and Systems.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and complete
- work projects.
- Possess strong people and relationship management skills to work independently, to interface with all levels and functions of the organization and to maintain good rapport
and relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Engage, develop, and supervise direct reports.
- Provide timely performance feedback and coaching according to company policy.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance to be available to provide direction and communication to team members.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor Degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field of study/or an equivalent level of education and experience required. Masters degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant and recent industry experience, including leading technology teams and functions involving servers, storage systems, networking and security.
- 5+ year of progressive management experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in network operations including the use of ITSM/ITIL process methods with incidents, problems, resolution and release work flows.
- Familiarity with public facing or external (Internet/Web) application security and sound understanding of security principles, such as network security, identity and access
management, vulnerability management.
- Experience developing procedures, policies and standards
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend