||Field Ops Support Specialist I
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Support the operational elements of Field Operations and other internal departments by providing advanced trouble shooting and provisioning of customer premise equipment for
residential and business customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service in all aspects of work with internal customers.
- Resolve service and scheduling issues to support external customer needs and to provide service to Midco customers within prescribed guidelines as established by the Field
Operations Support department.
- Respond to requests, needs, and inquiries from field technicians or other internal customers related to customer account maintenance.
- Be available to take incoming calls from field technicians with scheduling and service issues.
- Serve as liaison between field technicians and customer service representatives and support them equally in an effort to provide quality customer service to Midco customers.
- Record electronic transactions accurately with every call.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner if necessary.
- Possess strong technical and computer based skills.
- Work directly with Video Engineers and Net Transport teams when advanced troubleshooting does not correct the issue.
- Report Outages and Global Technical Issues to the NOC.
- Provision new and existing telephone lines in both the Genband C20 and MetaSwitch while supporting the needs of the telephone network.
- Provide back office support by researching and resolving switch related Trouble Calls.
- Research and manually process Change Orders, Disconnects, Vacation Orders, and Port Outs not able to be completed via automation.
- Be proficient with the Tech Tool and reinforce and provide instructions for work order tasks that can be completed with the tool.
- Be proficient with PointView point allocation, point adjustment, and scheduling.
- Works with ICOMS, Work Assure, and various phone provisioning platforms.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cross-train as requested to develop and broaden skill sets and to support customer demand.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to existing procedures while creating and implementing viable solutions for improving work order completion, on time arrival, and customer
friendly work order scheduling as part of supporting Field Operations.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1-3 year (s) customer service call center experience or Field Technician experience required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend