||Part Time Customer Experience Center Representative
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, most of our customers will have access
to Midco Xstream® Gig – blazingly fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco
is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This is a
part time position working approximately 25-28 hours per week. Scheduled hours are 11am-4pm Monday-Friday and 10am-2pm Saturdays.
Support customer service and sales by assisting new and existing customers in a retail environment. Promote Midco products and services to walk-in customers.
- Serve as Midco’s professional representative when dealing with customers.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Actively sell and upsell Midco products and services.
- Responsible for receiving payments and maintaining the cash drawer.
- Distribute and accept equipment in accordance with company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Verify the functionality of returned equipment.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, confidentiality in carrying out customer support functions.
- Function as an effective team member; support the efforts and concepts of the other departments including, but not limited to: Sales, Engineering, Construction, Marketing,
Customer Service, Field Operations, Technology, and the corporate office.
- Apply a positive customer service attitude in interactions with all internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job within the described work environment.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or GED required (some college preferred)
- Previous customer service/ sales experience in a retail environment preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be asked to lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to stand in a retail environment for up to 8 hours a day.
- Employees may be required to work rotating shifts.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend