Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
The Executive Assistant will perform confidential administrative and support services for the designated member of the executive leadership team, including their functional
teams. This position will carry out multiple administrative duties including but not limited to; calendaring, travel arrangements, interaction with customers, and managing tasks and meetings. This individual must be able to exercise good judgment in a variety
of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, prioritization and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Provide primary support on aspects of internal and external communications in support of executive leadership; prepare written communications, ensure outgoing correspondence
is professional, accurate, timely, and grammatically correct.
- Complete a variety of administrative duties. Demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while supporting dynamic leaders.
- Plan, organize, and assist with the prioritization of tasks for the executive leader, including their functional teams.
- Work closely and effectively with the designated executive leadership to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Coordinate meetings and events, including facilities rental and catering, invitations, speakers, and managing the event budget.
- Maintain the calendar by coordinating short and long-term meetings and appointments.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; manages matters expeditiously, proactively follow-through on projects to completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Perform confidential administrative duties (photocopy, fax, filing, mail, invoice payments, expense reporting, preparing agendas, etc.)
- Participate in and manage special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Create presentations, reports and correspondence with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements. Be available to travel when/if requested.
- Independently prepare documents, presentations, and materials for meetings. Be available to attend meetings.
- Professionally and discreetly answer phones, accurately relay messages, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Deploy strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments throughout the organization.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy is protected.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills to effectively prioritize and complete projects.
- Possess strong people and relationship management skills to work independently, to interface with all levels and functions of the organization and to maintain good rapport
and relationships throughout the organization.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, accountability and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner to foster an efficient and strong working relationship with customers, clients, team members and
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar area of study required.
- Minimum of five years of administrative or related experience required. Two to three years of executive admin experience preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required.
- Other computer skills including Adobe Acrobat and Internet-based research preferred.
- Highly developed sense of professional courtesy and the ability to think proactively to maximize opportunities to promote the work of the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend