||Business Support Engineer-Associate
We’ve been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By the end of 2017, our customers will have Midco Gig – blazingly
fast internet with download speeds of up to 1 Gbps. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Create customer loyalty by designing processes to deliver high quality support to Midco’s business customers. Partner with Midco’s advanced services customers to troubleshoot
and resolve technical issues, answer questions, and educate on products and services offered by Midco.
- Design and maintain support documentation and SOPs for Midco’s advanced data, voice, and video products. These include, but are not limited to L2VPN, L3VPN, Managed Router,
Hosted Phone, T1/PRI,
- Utilize created documentation and SOPs to provide support for Midco’s advanced services customers.
- Provide effective on-call support and be prepared to work other than regular business hours as necessary.
- Serve as escalation point for difficult technical and escalated customer issues.
- Work directly with Midco Technology Group Engineering staff to find resolutions for escalated technical issues.
- Interact with internal and external customers representing Midco in a professional and courteous manner striving to exercise Trailblazer traits to create a positive customer
- Possess proficiency in at least two of Midco’s advanced product offerings.
- Cross-train as required, developing a broad set of skills to support customer demand while staying current with Midco’s expanding product offering.
- Provide proactive support to reduce the amount of effort a customer expends to resolve issues.
- Maintain Customer Service yearly requirements to maintain the ability to interact with all levels of business customers, as defined by management.
- Manage assigned tasks successfully and effectively coordinate efforts between multiple groups.
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN and Ethernet technologies.
- Basic understanding of telephony technologies such as T1, SIP, and VoIP.
- Basic ability to read and understand the configuration of a router or switch via CLI and GUI.
- Understand enterprise billing and be able to communicate that information to the customer in a clear, concise, and understood manner.
- Document in detail procedures and work processes using all available tools including but not limited to ICOMS, Ticketing systems, snapshot, Central File Store.
- Work effectively with vendors as needed to assist in effective troubleshooting.
- Work independently to resolve customer issues while maintaining appropriate management awareness.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to scheduling as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective customer advocate and team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and Trailblazer traits of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, accountability and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Lead various internal support projects involving direct customer impact.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards professional and technical growth.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to build professional relationships with clients, co-workers and management.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology field or equivalent experience required.
- CCENT certification or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Technical support with customer contact experience is required.
- Strong typing, spelling and communication skills preferred.
- One to three years of previous network experience in the telecommunications industry is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midcontinent Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. M/F/D/V
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend