||Senior EHS Manager
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
This position can be located in Minneapolis, MN, Sioux Falls, SD or Fargo, ND.
The Senior EHS Manager will lead continuous improvement of the company’s safety culture by providing strategy, leadership and subject matter expertise. The position is responsible
for managing, developing, and implementing safety, health and environmental management programs to ensure compliance with applicable safety and environmental rules, laws, and regulations. The Senior EHS Manager, in partnership with all team members, will drive
the goal of “Zero Accidents” through a proactive, safe work practice that utilizes prevention and mitigation techniques when assessing potential risks.
- Manage, develop and implement safety, health and environmental management programs, policies and procedures within the company. Ensure compliance with applicable federal,
state and local safety and environmental rules, laws and regulations and licensing requirements; work with appropriate agencies when necessary.
- Ensure continuous improvement of company’s safety culture and reduction of accidental losses impact on the operational goals of the company.
- Consult with Risk Advisory Services and business leaders to determine and accomplish company objectives. Optimize and infuse safety awareness and compliance into all business
practices through the development and implementation of training programs, communication programs and other resources.
- Conduct EHS audits to ensure compliance of policies and procedures at company locations and grounds and construction or job sites. Report findings, make recommendations to
address potential issues and assist in the development of actionable solutions and monitor execution of solutions.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and practices of industry standards, technology, developments, and regulatory changes.
- Drive the adoption of the company’s EHS Program’s strategic visions and ideas, building trust and confidence with leadership teams throughout the organization.
- Develop and track metrics to measure and evaluate results of safety, health and environmental programs. Analyze current and historical data to determine significant negative
trends and develop plans to recommend next steps.
- Manage OSHA citations and investigations in conjunction with Safety team.
- Coordinate and implement training that includes acceptable industry safe working procedures for all company jobs, first aid, CPR, hazard communication requirements, defensive
driving, safety awareness, security awareness and OSHA standards.
- Ensure emergency response systems, policies and procedures are in place to manage emergency situations.
- Ensure all employee accidents, injury and safety violations are investigated, documented and recorded.
- Coach team members consistently by regularly monitoring performance and training best practices to promote career development and customer satisfaction.
- Provide timely feedback in one-on-one meetings and annual reviews based on communicated expectations and measurable standards. Correct performance issues or address disciplinary
actions in a timely fashion.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification preferred.
- 2 years’ supervisory experience.
- 8 years’ experience in a safety role or related field.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is required to travel up to 50% of flexible scheduled hours
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business
by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend