||Director of Government Relations
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Assist with the development and implementation of the vision, strategy and management of all federal, state and local governmental relations and activities. Support and advance
the interests of the company at the federal, state and local levels to shape emerging issues and to enable the company to operate in its various markets without undue legislation, regulation or taxation restrictions. Ensure optimum positioning and protection
of the Company.
- Direct, develop and implement long-range strategies, goals and action plans to meet defined business objectives affecting federal and state level government relations and
- Serve as a member of the franchise management team with primary responsibility for maintaining the Company’s relationships with the communities it serves.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with key public and government officials whose roles have the greatest potential to affect the Company’s operations and performance.
- Proactively evaluate proposed legislation and regulations, work with legislative staffs on proposed revisions, and monitor underlying developments and trends.
- Represent Midco’s interests with federal, state and local legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels and departments throughout the organization while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Be available to Company personnel for consultation and assistance.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Demonstrate ability to find answers and resolve potential issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent research abilities and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with strong academic credentials; candidates with a J.D. are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in federal or state legislative relations. Specific relevant experience relating to North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota government relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word required and experience with SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee may occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employee may be required to travel if necessary.
- Employee may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend