||Maintenance Technician I
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination
and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places
to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco services
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
*** $2500 sign on bonus!! $1250 paid on first paycheck and $1250 paid after 90 days upon passing FTR certification.
Prefer candidates live within 15 miles of service area.***
Perform preventive service and maintenance to Midco’s regional network.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair to services on Midco’s regional network.
- Sweep and balance the regional network to detect and/or correct imperfections.
- Identify areas in need of service and repair including, but not limited to adjustment and alignment of equipment used for signal processing, amplification, and transmission.
- Take appropriate preventive measures to repair and maintain the regional network in customer homes and commercial property from the Headend.
- Demonstrate proficiency in and working knowledge of several areas of network systems; recognize deviations and distinguish them from accepted practices.
- Repair and maintain equipment, network systems and all components.
- Ensure that all documentation is timely and accurate and in compliance with FCC and company regulations.
- Troubleshoot and repair ingress and egress problems in the regional network including, but not limited to transmission levels, signal loss, off-air interference and equipment
- Maintain signal performance by proactively testing the network on a regular basis.
- Install, maintain and repair power supplies and provide splicing and activation of the regional network.
- Provide technical support and guidance by assisting with the resolution of installation or service problems encountered at customer sites.
- Install and disconnect video, internet, and telephone services in customer homes and commercial property as needed.
- Repair and/or wire cable from poles/pedestals into customer homes and commercial property; wire additional outlets as needed.
- Complete Midco First Time Right certification within 90 days of hire. Consistently apply First Time Right principles in all aspects of work.
- Possess knowledge of Midco’s safety program (Target Zero), practice and enforce safety rules and procedures; operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate and drive a Company vehicle in accordance with Midco’s “Use of Vehicle for Company Business” policy.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Produce timely and accurate daily and monthly reports.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Employees will be assigned a level congruent to their experience and training.
- Minimum 2 years installing & troubleshooting broadband services
- FTR Level II and NCTI Service Tech Certification within 180 days
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and may occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts,
high, precarious places, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation and vibration.
- In-person visits to a customer’s home or place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's home or place
of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Must be able to climb poles, ladders, and other structures with proper equipment.
- Must be able to work from elevated heights and in tight spaces such as attics and crawlspaces.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend